Looking back, I didn’t do a yearly recap post for 2014 so I can’t compare to last year. Which might be a good thing? LOL
So here is what my year in books looked like for 2015.
Total books read: 157
- Contemporary Romance – 77
- New Adult – 25
- Fantasy – 21
- Historical Romance – 13
- Paranormal Romance – 11
- M/M Romance – 4
- Contemporary Young Adult – 4
- Historical Young Adult – 1
- Non-fiction – 1
I’m not surprised by the amount of contemporary or new adult titles. I couldn’t get enough contemporary. I am SHOCKED at how few m/m titles I read in 2015. FOUR? WTF? I need to change that in 2016 for sure. Also not surprised at reading so few young adults. There are a few books I skipped over that I will tackle in 2016. I’ve got quite the Sarah Dessen pile going. LOL
- E-Book – 133
- Print – 12
- Library E-Book – 6
- Library Print – 6
Every year I strive to read more print books and I obviously failed spectacularly in 2015. LOL Also, what the heck is happening with me and library books? I’ve gone to the library so much and I only read 6 books? That’s a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I need to actually read the books I check out. Whoops.
- A – 13 (6 A, 7 A-) *only 2 were re-reads!*
- B – 117 ( 72 B+, 38 B, 7 B-)
- C -24 (13 C+, 11 C)
- D – 3
I have to say, I had a good reading year. Not an excellent reading year (just based on the low number of A grades). Or am I judging books too harshly? Something to ponder this year. I didn’t even grade any books A+. Yikes.
Ok, here are some random things I marked down.
- 20 books were re-reads
- 1 Graphic Novel (Nimona. Really enjoyed it!)
- 56 books were self-published, 27 were from e-publishers – so that means 52% of books were not published by the big 6. And with ebooks being more expensive in Canada, is this any wonder? E-publishers are my friend.
- 76 books published in 2015 – reading so many self-published books means that I’m reading more recent books. I know from past years I usually read across a variety of years so I found this one interesting.
That’s my short and sweet recap to 2015. I *might* do a list of favorite books but it depends on how I feel later. I’m on vacation and I’m feeling super lazy. LOL