March was a busy month! My cousin had a baby, my parent’s had their 33rd wedding anniversary, my great-grandmother had her 90th birthday party, I had a couple of suppers scheduled with friends, I went to see some of my cousin’s hockey games, I went to visit my Grandpa and I had the flu. So yeah, my reading took a hit with all that happening. But that’s ok. Quality over quantity and March was a great reading month. Check out what I read:
- Elements of Chemistry: Heat by Penny Reid
- Elements of Chemistry: Capture by Penny Reid
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- Hate F*@k by Ainsley Booth
- Us by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
- Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- It’s All Relative by SC Stephens
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
The only book I didn’t enjoy was It’s All Relative. I’d read Thoughtless by Stephens years ago and didn’t enjoy the writing so I thought I’d give her another chance. Again, her writing style is not for me so I won’t read her again. I really enjoyed everything else I read though. My fave reads for March have to be Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata. Since I live in Winnipeg, I wanted to see what the connection was in the book. Then I started seeing a bunch of positive reviews on Goodreads so that made me more intrigued. I liked that the focus was on the relationship developing. So after I finished that I bought the rest of Zapata’s backlist. I’ll make my way through them shortly, I’m sure.
A – 1
B – 7
D – 1
* I didn’t grade Big Magic as that was non-fiction and either you care about creativity or you don’t. LOL If you do, I’m sure it’ll be an enjoyable read. I liked it, it had some good insights that I’ll ponder as I move along in my creative process.
All the books were e-books except Big Magic, which was a print book from the library. So another month of not reaching my 5 Print Books (from my TBR pile) goal. Ah well. It’s halfway through April and I’ve got 1 print book read. So this post is a good reminder for myself for the rest of the month.
That was March! How was yours?