July was a great month! I had a 4 week vacation and a lot of reading time. I still had a busy month but it was with mostly fun stuff: a family reunion, a one-day shopping trip to the US with a friend, a cousin’s wedding, a rodeo and a festival. TV and movie wise – I went to see a few movies, I watched a lot on Netflix (highlights were the Big Short and Spotlight) and I binged watched Community, Orange is the New Black, the Mindy Project and started season 1 of House of Cards. In between all of that I took She-Ra for a lot of walks and slept a lot. I finally decompressed from work during week 4 – I picked up a paint brush again. I hadn’t painted since February so that tells me I was really stressed. I’m going to do better with my self-care now that I started back at work.
Here’s what I read during the month of July:
1. First & Then by Emma Mills
2. Think Again by Isabel Lucero
3. Moonshot by Alessandra Torre
4. For the Win by Sara Rider
5. Say You’ll Stay by Corinne Michaels
6. The Widow by Fiona Barton
7. Driven to Temptation by Melia Alexander
8. In the Middle of Nowhere by Roan Parrish
9. Sugar Daddies by Jade West
10. Jockblocked by Jen Frederick
11. Stealing Home by Nicole Williams
12. Choosing You by Jenny Trout
13. Bad Bitch by Christina Saunders
14. Paper Princess by Erin Watt
15. Broken Prince by Erin Watt
B – 9 (6 B+’s)
C – 6
It was a good reading month but I also read a few meh books. Fave reads of the month are Paper Princess, Broken Prince, Moonshot, Sugar Daddies, Jockblocked, First & Then, and In the Middle of Nowhere.
E-book – 13
Print – 2 (library books)
Contemp – 8
New Adult – 4
YA – 1
M/M – 1
Mystery – 1
So that was my July. For August I’m starting off with the Shameless Hour by Sarina Bowen. I love Sarina’s writing so that’s a great start!
Nath is also hosting the next 30 Day Blogging challenge and here is me publicly stating I am joining her challenge. I’m going to aim for more book reviews since that’s my main struggle with blogging these last few years.